Pages

Monday, March 8, 2021

Mintra! (Spring Gift-a-thon)

 Hey jammers! Popcorn is back xp

Today's post is a fairly quick one, but I hope it's still somewhat entertaining. 

I just finished a gift for Wild that I promised to make her for a couple of weeks now! I just got this sudden burst of motivation, and I'm glad I did, because the overall look of it didn't turn out too bad! 

Haha, stop rambling, Popcorn, and show the dang art! 

Yes, yes, ok. Here it is...


I hope you like it, Wild! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to add the wings! I wish I did, but just decided to publish it because I had held off drawing Mintra for long enough. 

In case anyone is wondering, I use some of Animal Jam Archives' animal assets for animal reference, but do the coloring and additional items (eyes, little tuft of hair, etc.) free hand. 

I hope that it looks ok, Wild! Mintra was a very fun character to draw :)

Some things I like: 

The left ear looks pretty good, in my opinion :P

I think I've gotten better at shading since my last drawing, but there's always room for improvement! 

Spots of improvement: 

I think maybe the mouth could use more details... and the proportions look a bit off. 

OH MY GOSH I just realized that against this post it doesn't look like Mintra's head is connected to her body xd Oops...

That will be all for today, jammers! 

My next gifts in line are for Vai, Rainbow, then Dogo, then Doomy in this "Spring Gift-a-thon" I'm (attempting) to do!

This is gonna take a while... 

Stay safe and play pawsome!

~popcorn <3

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH THIS IS AMAZING! Thanks so much!!! And how you got the anatomy, shading, and pose so accurate to the AJ Art Style without tracing is beyond me.

    Thanks again! I'll go add this to my page right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you so much, Wild!! I'm so glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. :O WHERE HAS MY BELOVED POPCORN GONE?! ALL I HAVE IS A BLOSSOM >:(

    I really like Mintra's drawing though, even though I don't know who mintra is! I saw Wild's 'catalog' of Mintra though and I think it matches XP

    And ooh ur making an art thingy for me? Thanks :P

    ~Dogo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mintra is my original character :)
      She's the simplest one I have, mainly because I'm not a very experienced animator yet so I need a simple character to do it.

      As for Popcorn's name change I believe it has something to do with her being promoted to Gamma in AJSASS? She probably needed to change her Blogger username to "Blossom" to match her agent name.

      Delete